Schedule Change Requests
Fall Semester 2020
Students, just like in previous school years, you can request a schedule change as long as it complies with AACPS Board Policy IG-Selection and Changing of High School Courses. Requests for a schedule change MUST be submitted to between August 31, 2020 and September 22, 2020. To submit a Course Change Request, please log into Google Classroom (using the student's AACPS login information) and join the Fall 2020-2021 Schedule Changes Classroom using the code wvbbxom. All information for submitting the schedule change will be listed in the Google Classroom. Note, a schedule change request does NOT guarantee a change, nor approval of a change. Students will be notified of the approval or denial. Students are to continue in the course until they are notified by Mrs. Abruzzo, assistant principal in-charge of scheduling.
The AACPS Board of Education supports schedule changes ONLY for the reasons stated below:
1. Course is required by a senior who needs it for graduation this school year.
2. Sequential order of the course is incorrect (lacking a prerequisite course, e.g., Spanish II before Spanish I).
3. Need to repeat a previously failed course.
4. The specific course has already been taken and passed.
5. Adding academic course recommended by employer or college.*
6. Dropping course for academic reason recommended by teacher.*
7. Changing course for health reason certified in writing by physician.*