Schedule Change Requests
Fall Semester 2021
Students, just like in previous school years, you can request a schedule change as long as it complies with AACPS Board Policy IG-Selection and Changing of High School Courses. Requests for a schedule change MUST be made to Mrs. Abruzzo in the cafeteria within the first 10 school days of each semester. Changes for the Fall 2021 semester must be requested by September 24, 2021.
Note, a schedule change request does NOT guarantee a change, nor approval of a change.
Students will be notified of the approval or denial. Students are to continue in the course until they are notified by Mrs. Abruzzo, assistant principal in-charge of scheduling.
The AACPS Board of Education supports schedule changes ONLY for the reasons stated below:
1. Course is required by a senior who needs it for graduation this school year.
2. Sequential order of the course is incorrect (lacking a prerequisite course, e.g., Spanish II before Spanish I).
3. Need to repeat a previously failed course.
4. The specific course has already been taken and passed.
5. Adding academic course recommended by employer or college.*
6. Dropping course for academic reason recommended by teacher.*
7. Changing course for health reason certified in writing by physician.*