Schedule Change Requests
Spring Semester 2021
Students, just like in previous school years, you can request a schedule change as long as it complies with AACPS Board Policy IG-Selection and Changing of High School Courses. Requests for a schedule change MUST be made within the first 10 school days of each semester. Changes for the Spring 2021 semester must be requested by February 16, 2021. Complete a Course Change Request Form Here!
Note, a schedule change request does NOT guarantee a change, nor approval of a change.
Students will be notified of the approval or denial. Students are to continue in the course until they are notified by Mrs. Abruzzo, assistant principal in-charge of scheduling.
The AACPS Board of Education supports schedule changes ONLY for the reasons stated below:
1. Course is required by a senior who needs it for graduation this school year.
2. Sequential order of the course is incorrect (lacking a prerequisite course, e.g., Spanish II before Spanish I).
3. Need to repeat a previously failed course.
4. The specific course has already been taken and passed.
5. Adding academic course recommended by employer or college.*
6. Dropping course for academic reason recommended by teacher.*
7. Changing course for health reason certified in writing by physician.*